Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lessons

I have learned my lesson, several actually over the last year. First, morning sickness can be horrible and the second is that you cannot force medicine down a baby that does not want it. I use to think that pregnant women that got prescriptions for Zofran and promethazine were wimps and just needed to buck up. I quickly learned, last fall, that was not the case. Being sick and throwing up several times a day gets old and you are willing to take whatever in the hopes that it might make it better. Today I learned the second lesson. Charlotte has been having some problems with reflux, so I took her to the doctor this morning. The doctor agreed and gave me a prescription for some Zantac. For those of you who do not know, Zantac tastes like a really strong Altoid. The drug itself is so bitter peppermint flavor is the only way cover up that taste. The doctor offered to give some Axid which tastes good like bubblegum, but I said it should not be a problem getting her to take it because I can add some flavor. So I went ahead and flavored it with some grape, just in case. I tried to give it to her when we got home. I have never seen a baby make such horrible faces, spit, drool, cough and gag at one time as I just witnessed. The moral of the story...you will be shown the error of your ways, just give it time.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Char Char,

If moma keeps being mean to you, you can come and stay at Aunt Becca's house!

The Sampson's said...

I love it! Life lessons are the best, aren't they! She is so cute! I love the smiley and not so smiley faces...she has great facial expressions already!!!